Some of our areas of expertise include:
- Advocacy – we research issues and foster collaborative relationships with political officials to advocate for solutions that benefit property owners, buyers, and REALTORS® in Manitoba
- Economic Development – we foster relationships with local businesses and the international REALTOR® community to showcase Manitoba as a viable and thriving economic market for investment that supports a balanced and sustainable real estate market
- Education – our regulatory and industry experts provide innovative education and licensing programs to help registrants succeed at all stages of their real estate careers
- Professional Standards – we help REALTORS® navigate legislation, regulations and The REALTOR® Code; we answer questions and provide information to support REALTORS® through challenging situations; we facilitate a confidential public complaint process to resolve issues
- Insurance – we safeguard our members with errors and omissions insurance through the Real Estate Insurance Alliance of Canada Inc.
- Reimbursement Fund – we provide a Real Estate Reimbursement Fund to protect the public as an affordable alternative for members to satisfy their bonding requirement
MREA staff are always here to help. Please contact Cara Wielgosh, MREA Operations Coordinator, via email at email@example.com or by phone at 204.772.0405 with your questions or if you require any assistance.
Complete your registration with The Manitoba Securities Commission (MSC)
The MSC Real Estate Division is responsible for administering The Real Estate Services Act and for the registration of real estate brokers, salespersons, and mortgage brokers.
Complete the MSC Real Estate Division registration process. This process is mandatory in Manitoba for all real estate professionals.
The Manitoba Securities Commission, Real Estate Division
Complete your registration with your preferred Manitoba real estate board
For more information regarding membership with a local real estate board, please contact the local board directly:
Membership in Winnipeg Regional Real Estate Board (WRREB)*
*Note: MREA will be notified by WRREB of your new engagement and membership status. Upon notification, MREA will align its membership information and coordinate membership fees, where applicable.
Membership in Brandon Area REALTORS® (BAR)*
*Note: MREA will be notified by BAR of your new engagement and membership status. Upon notification, MREA will align its membership information and coordinate membership fees, where applicable.
MREA Direct Member Membership Information
An MREA direct member is a registrant engaged with an MREA direct brokerage member.
All membership inquiries or membership application submissions are to be submitted to MREA’s Operations Coordinator, Cara Wielgosh, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MREA Direct Member Application Process
The MREA recognizes membership applications for the following MREA direct membership categories:
- Brokerage members
- Broker members
- Salesperson members
- Property Manager members
- Private Sales members
- Restricted Registrants members
- Personal Real Estate Corporation (PREC) members
- Affiliate/Foreign Affiliate members
To complete the MREA application process, the MREA requires:
- Confirmation of engagement (employment) from your brokerage;
- The submission of your completed MREA Application for Salesperson Membership form; and
- A copy of your registration with the MSC
Membership application submissions are to be submitted to MREA’s Operations Coordinator, Cara Wielgosh, via email email@example.com
or via fax at 204.775.3781
Registering your Personal Real Estate Corporation (PREC) Process
The Real Estate Services Act (RESA) allows registrants to register their Personal Real Estate Corporations (PREC).
- Step 1: All PRECs in Manitoba must be incorporated. To complete this process, access the Government of Manitoba Companies Office at the following URL: https://companiesoffice.gov.mb.ca/ and complete the “Incorporation (of a business)” process. A certificate of incorporation will be issued upon approval of your application.
- Step 2: Complete and submit the MSC Real Estate Division Application for Registration of a Personal Real Estate Corporation form along with all the required supporting documentation.
- Step 3: Obtain PREC approval from the MSC Real Estate Division.
- Step 4: Complete and submit the Application for Personal Real Estate Corporation (PREC) Membership in the Manitoba Real Estate Association Inc. (MREA) form to the MREA.
- Step 5: Complete and submit the PREC application form with a local member board, if required (WRREB or BAR)
All PREC membership inquiries or PREC membership application submissions are to be submitted to MREA’s Operations Coordinator, Cara Wielgosh, via phone: 204.772.0405 / Toll-Free 1.800.267.6019 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The real estate profession offers a wide range of career opportunities. As a real estate professional, you can help people buy and sell property, whether homes, farmland, commercial or industrial. You can also be involved in property management, land development, mortgage banking, urban planning, and real estate appraisal.