Through a partnership by the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs and the Manitoba Real Estate Association, The Manitoba Tipi Mitawa (MTM) program helps First Nations families wishing to purchase their first home, by guiding and supporting them through education and financial assistance.
The MTM program provides a holistic approach by supporting families through their journey to homeownership. We help families through each important step, from financial education to home maintenance training, to REALTOR® selection and ultimately, in purchasing their first home.
To meet the basic requirements of the Manitoba Tipi Mitawa program, you must:
- Have dependents* living in your household
- Be a first-time home buyer
- Be a member of a Manitoba First Nation
- Agree to a voluntary credit report
- Be continuously employed full-time for the past two years
- Have a minimum household annual income (excluding social assistance) of $50,000 to a maximum household annual income of $84,600
- Attend financial literacy, home maintenance, and home purchase orientation sessions (approximately 40 hours)
- Be willing to purchase a home (minimum two bedroom) within Winnipeg or Brandon city Limits, or other major urban centres provided the applicant attends all educational courses)
- Agree to use a registered member firm of the Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors (CAHPI) for the mandatory home inspection
- Agree to request a Property Disclosure Statement be provided by the seller of any property for which an offer to purchase is made
- Be willing to participate in a public relations program for Manitoba Tipi Mitawa
- Have a minimum of $5,000 for the deposit
- In addition to the requirements above, the selection is also based on creditworthiness (income, credit score, credit history, debt ratio, etc.).
*A person under the age of 22, or a person under the age of 26 who is registered in full-time study, or a person of any age who is recognized as a dependent of someone in the household for income tax purposes
Interested? Apply online today by filling out the form below:
Questions? Contact us at 204.772.0405 or email@example.com.