Contact MREA


Manitoba Real Estate Association Office is Temporarily Closed and Inaccessible


Manitoba Real Estate Association Office is Temporarily Closed and Inaccessible


File a Complaint

MREA takes seriously any concern regarding the alleged improper behaviour of a real estate professional.

If you have a concern involving a REALTOR® please take the following steps:

Step 1:

If you have a concern involving a REALTOR®, contact your REALTOR’S® broker.

Step 2:

If your issue remains unresolved contact MREA to launch a formal complaint with MREA please provide the following information in writing to Angela Woodward, MREA's Manager of Professional Standards.

  1. Property address(es) related to the complaint
  2. The name of the REALTOR® or REALTORS® involved in the complaint
  3. Any supporting documentation related to your complaint
  4. Your name and signature; MREA does not investigate anonymous complaints
  5. Your email address, mailing address, and daytime telephone number on a separate page or under a separate cover. (MREA only uses your contact information to contact you and does not provide your contact information to any other party

Once MREA receives your letter of complaint we will send you more information about our process and how we can help you. If you decide to proceed, your complaint will be sent to the real estate professional(s) named in the complaint for their response.

Your complaint and the response from the real estate professional(s) will be forwarded to the MREA Investigative Committee. The committee will determine the next steps.

MREA is not a government agency, nor the regulatory body for the real estate industry. The MREA complaint process is a membership disciplinary process only.

The MREA Investigative Committee is not a court of law and is unable to provide any form of financial compensation to complainants. If you have concerns about financial compensation, contact your lawyer.

The MREA complaint process is a confidential proceeding. If we suspect fraud or any infraction that may affect an MREA member’s license, we will immediately refer your complaint to the registrar of The Manitoba Securities Commission (MSC).

You can also file a complaint with the MSC. The MSC is the regulator and licensing authority for real estate registrants in the province of Manitoba. More information on the MSC and the MSC complaint process can be found on the MSC website: MSC Complaint Process.