Global Business Council
The MREA Global Business Council helps drive international business opportunities for Manitoba REALTORS® through networking, education, strategic partnerships, and resource-sharing. With over 1.6 million REALTORS® across North America, MREA members are part of a growing network of business and community leaders located throughout the continent.
The MREA Global Business Council vision:
Manitoba REALTORS® are active partners in a ‘Team Manitoba’ approach to attracting business, investment, and residents to the province, a go-to resource of market intelligence and strategic real estate insight, and respected ambassadors in the international REALTOR® community.
On November 21, 2018, MREA launched the first global business council in Canada with inaugural chair Harry De Leeuw. Global business councils are prominent in the United States through the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) network. These councils work collaboratively with economic development agencies and other partners to support economic development efforts in their local regions. The first council started in the mid-1990s and today, there are 125 global business councils across the United States.
- Chair: David Powell - Winnipeg
- Michael Barrett - Brandon
- Lorne Weiss - Winnipeg
- Stewart Elston - Winnipeg
- Reg Black - Beausejour
- Wes Schollenberg - Winnipeg
- Don White - Winnipeg
- Alycia Dawson – Stonewall
- Observer: Greg Dandewich, Commercial Chair, Winnipeg Regional Real Estate Board
- Observer: Jen Pearson, Executive Officer, Brandon Area REALTORS®
- Observer: David Salvatore, CEO, Manitoba Real Estate Association