The Manitoba Real Estate Association leads and empowers real estate excellence through education, professional standards, advocacy and related services for the benefit of its members and the public they serve.
- 2100+ Manitoba real estate professionals
- Three real estate boards (Winnipeg, Brandon, Portage la Prairie)
What We Do
- Provide education to ensure our members maintain high industry standards
- Provide education to become a real estate salesperson
- Protect consumers involved in real estate transactions
- Provide advice to the public if they have concerns about the service their real estate professional may have provided
- Raise funds to provide grants to shelter organizations supporting people in need
- Take Community Action to improve the quality of life of Manitobans, including volunteer work, fundraising, and advocating for change
MREA educates new and existing real estate professionals in keeping with requirements of the Manitoba Securities Commission. The Manitoba Securities Commission (MSC) then licenses and registers real estate professionals. Together we ensure:
- The public is served by real estate professionals who adhere to the increasingly complicated regulations in buying and selling real estate
- That new salespeople and brokers are properly educated in their new careers
- Existing registrants complete six hours of relicencing education through approved courses each year
The Manitoba Real Estate Association vision is to provide leadership that continually enhances REALTOR® professionalism and positively shapes the profession and its contribution to Manitoba communities. MREA was established in 1949.